Advanced civilization is a board game dating back to the time of Avalon Hill’s Civilization. The game used artificial intelligence so that the player can play against the computer. Therefore, the player does not need to have a partner to play the game.
The game consists of several rounds: each round is composed of thirteen chapters. All the chapters are interlinked to each other. The thirteen chapter of each round is as follows.
1. Expansion- Tokens stand for the increment in the number of people in the town. The increment in the number of people will always depend on the existing population.
2. Movement- The sequence in which the fleets and the tokens move is decided by Census.
3. Census- Census counts the population. The civilization, which has more population, will start its movement first.
4. Ships- Ships are made by the treasure of the civilization.
5. Taxes- The taxes are taken from the folks and are put in the treasure.
6. Cities- six tokens build up a city.
7. Conflict- Conflicts needs to be resolved in an overpopulated civilization
8. Overpopulation- The amount of tokens needs to be maintained.
9. Trade- trade is carried out between towns.
10. Getting the trade cards- Every city has a trading card to participate in the trade.
11. Civilization cards- these cards give benefits.
12. Movement markers- you get promoted to a new era
13. Calamities- Through these cards, calamities affect you.
The aim of the game is to get promoted to the new eras. The player needs to trade efficiently, wander and secure the civilization. Summing up, the player needs to be wise in making decisions and doing things.
The graphics and the music are also done well. Advanced Civilization game received much love by the gamers.
Developed numerous strategy and role-playing games of many types. From 1998 owned by Hasbro Interactive's Microprose division.
I used to play this as a boardgame a long time ago it was tons of fun but it was always so hard to get 7 people together for like 20 hrs to finish (never gonna happen haha) this of course is not as much fun as real people but very fun and addictive game!!!!
THis game is so amazing, i thank you, msdos team for making this amazing game!!