7. December 2009 08:09
Don't know if you've noticed but there are now plenty of tools for virtualization (abstracing of computer resources). What does that mean ? Simple on your single physical computer you can have multiple virtual computers. And under the virtual computer you can have installed any operation system you like - linux, dos, windows. This is usefull for many reasons - for example if you want to try some program but you want keep your operating system clean or you're unsure about the program source - you can run it under virtual machine without any risk (catching virus, messing os). And - most importantly - you can run old games on it. So how you can do it ?
- Install it (installation is really simple (just Next - Next - Next)
- You should see something like this - select "New"
- Select "Create a virtual machine" and "Next"
- Name your virtual machine (Windows95 is cute) and "Next"
- Left operating system as "Other" and click "Next"
- Left recommended ram (128MB by default) and click "Next"
- Select "A new virtual hard disk" and click "Next"
- Select disk location and adjust size (5000MB for more comfort) and "Next"
- Now insert CD with your Windows95 to your CD-rom drive (CD-rom drive will attached by default in your virtual PC), select Windows95 VM and click on "Start"
That's it, after installing of Windows 95 you can run the game inside :) - such as Pacific General